Tuesday 10 April 2012

First impressions: Entrance halls....


Bohemian entrance hall interior: Vintage tiles and indian seating
Chilled out bohemian entrance hall 
Entrance Hall : Beautiful stained glass
Entrance hall : Indian teak doorway
I am in love with that beautiful Indian / Morrocan doorway. Such a small detail can make such a dramatic impact on a plain white room. Sometimes less is more....
One of my all time favourite rooms, complete with house plants, sigh!
Simple living in a Yurt - The whole home is the entrance
As my plans to buy our rented home become a bit more of a reality I have been looking at every room in my house in a new light. The entrance to my home is full of shoes that you trip over as you walk in or out the door and has really shabby old carpet, not a great first impression (although very accurate - I am extremely scruffy)...So what does your entrance say about you?


Only 3 days until the Sisters of the Black Moon give away ends so get your entrants in to be in with a chance of winning a beautiful bottle of Moonshine xxx

11 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

I heart a pretty entrance.

Kath said...

"So what does your entrance say about you?"

LOL my entrance has a large pile of old towells, used for drying muddy dogs!

Clare said...

these are beautiful, particularly the 1st and 3rd.

Ipmilat said...

No 2 is nice and airy but what's that stuff on the floor? Looks as if it has been coughed up by some giant camel.

Sara Gossett said...

Ahhh, that teak doorway is just heavenly!!

Boho Mixology said...

I love entrance hall ways, I'd love a big grand one but our is tiny. ours is muted mint walls with antique grey woodwork, may be small but pretty at least.
I'd be more than happy with any of the above!

Zoe

aroluna said...

fabulous! Love the rich stained glass.
my entrance is towards shoes also :) it may just mean that people love to be barefooted :)

hippyatheart said...

oh the staw hats are so wonderful in the first pic xx

http://theunglued.tumblr.com/

Linda said...

The first impression...love these pictures...I adore that bench in the first picture...Love the woodwork on it.....<3

Mercedes said...

wauw! and wauw again! what a lovely entrances!
Love your blog! I always get in a good mood when I see your blog.
I´m doing a very nice GIVEAWAY with a present to choose from my Etsy shop, curious? come and take a look at my blog.

Kiss Kiss Mercedes

mercedes-artenciel.blogspot.com

Alicia Sotherland said...

Right now my entrance is not saying much.. thanks for the ideas!