Sunday 15 April 2012

Over the top wallpaper ideas....

Beautiful navajo print style wallpaper
Entire novel written on the walls of abandoned home
I always wanted a desert island/tropical beech wall
Wallpaper at Peacock Pavillions
Matching wallpaper, cushion and couch
When I was younger we went to Ross-on-wye and stayed in this awesome holiday cottage that had a tropical beech wall like the one above, having never seen one before, and being 10, I was convinced this was the coolest thing ever!

It is so easy to paint your walls white and use the accessories in your home to add that 'signature' look or theme. I can see the attraction of white walls as it is a bit safer, however coming from a Laura Ashley wallpaper upbringing and being in the proceeds of buying my first house (eeeek!) I have begun thinking that maybe wallpaper might be a nice change from the mundane white rental home walls. Well just for one room maybe......

What do you guys think?

(As I mentioned as I am hopefully buying a house, I may be on here a lot more, trying to calm the nerves)

Happy Sunday xxx GAbi xxx



9 comments:

Boho Mixology said...

I love it! the fist and last are my favourites. I think it would look amazing in the home as a statement room. Good luck with the house stuff.

Zoe x

aroluna said...

the novel on the wall is unbelievable! and yes, wall paper for one cozy space has to be nice!!good luck with the house, get ready for before and after photos :)

Kath said...

LOVE the wallpaper at the peacock pavillions!

Rachaeldaisy said...

Brilliant!!!

Clare said...

I just love that 1st picture!

Moth Rah said...

Good luck with the house!

I've just William Morris wallpapered one wall in my kitchen - and coincidentally found a pair of matching curtains in a vintage shop!

At first I thought I might have gone a step too far, but now I love it. Yes to busy wallpaper!
C.

The Flying Tortoise said...

Did I read those words... "I'm going to buy a house"... go and sit in the woods, sit by a lake, have a drink, talk to someone, anyone but wow, are you sure you want to do this...

Unknown said...

Hehe, My sister's room growing up was a Hawaiian beach!
Then downstairs in the rec room was a beach also!
Those tiles are beautiful.

Astrid said...

Oh man, do I ever love all these fantastic wall designs. Love it all- the funkier the better.
love your blog always!
Astrid


http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnAstridEndeavor