Friday 13 July 2012

Creating a Bohemian kitchen...

Moroccan Tea trays add a sense of the Bohemian in this stunning ethnic style kitchen
Bohemian Kitchen: Loud and Proud Tiles add a touch of the exotic
Bohemian Kitchen: A unique, rustic cubord can be picked up from ebay/thrift stores
A bright Wall will detract from ghastly cuboards
Bohemian Kitchen: Get those vintage bottles on display
Bohemian Retro style Kitchen


I get they keys to my very first owned home today. I am so excited, I have lived in over 18 homes in my 31 years and I think it is about time I settled in one place for a while....

My first room to tackle is going to be the kitchen, peach floral tiles and 1980's cupboards are really not my thing... Im thinking Mexican or Moroccan tiles, shelves instead of upper cupboards and tile floors. So exciting.....

p.s I will be drawing the Lulu Organics give away this evening so make sure you have taken part... The winner will be announced on the Give away post and facebook later this evening

13 comments:

Kath said...

Congratulations! how exciting. You must be so full of plans. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time creating your boho home xx

Gypsy River said...

congrats on your new home......can't wait to see your reno blog posts!
Loving those huge Moroccan tea trays, I need these.
Kxxxx

Gypsy River said...

congrats on your new home......can't wait to see your reno blog posts!
Loving those huge Moroccan tea trays, I need these.
Kxxxx

iheartsunnydays said...

How exciting! Cant wait to see what you do :)

Linda said...

Congratulations on the new home that is wonderful...there is nothing like having your own place....I am getting ready to put down a tile floor in mine...then on from there...time to get more bohemian in mine...Can't wait to see what you do with yours..:)

Have fun Gabi!! XO

Miri boheme said...

Love those kitchen ideas. I would love to add tiles in my kitchen, but I rent and my landlady is scary!

Sidereal Day said...

Congratulations on your new home! I hope you will share photos of what you do with the space.

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Gabi.....congrats to you on your home purchase.....there truly is "no place like home" and when it is owned by you....that makes it even better.

Jo

Shelly Penko said...

Congratulations! How exciting! So many possibities! Take your time and allow your new home to tell you what it wants to be. So happy for you. :)

Kristen said...

What an accomplishment! Congratulations! Be sure to keep us updated on journey in making it your own.

Jules said...

Hi Gabi,
congrats on the new home, i'm sure it will be wonderful. we recently moved in our new apartment and i'm struggling with the kitchen, too. thought i'd share this link with you: maison du monde have an interesting collection of bohemian antique looking furniture including sinks, rustic cupboards, peacock chairs etc. it's kind of pricey but it sure is inspirational!

http://www.maisonsdumonde.com/v2/DE/de/nav/Kueche

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alana said...

Bohemian and modern kitchens styles usually create a bright and refreshing environment through their colors. The good thing with the growing number of different kitchen styles is that it gives homeowners a wide variety of styling patterns which they can use in their homes. :)

Regards,
Alana Geikie