Wednesday 2 December 2009

Organising books by color of spine

When at uni I used to get laughed at for organising my CD collection by colour of the spine of the case. I am dyslexic, I have to count a,b,c,d,e,f,g to find a CD in my collection but if I know it is pink CD it makes it so easy to find. I had, however never thought of organising my books in this way, such a good idea!

Books organised by the color of spine


San Francisco's Adobe Bookshop exhibition

Photograph by Jason Schmidt for The New York Times, 2006.

Red books organised by color
books organised by color of spine

3 comments:

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

I like the red ironing board turned book case :)

Kate Schmidt said...

I've always wanted to have the nads to file my library by color. Someday I'm going to eat some special brownies and just do it.

uni-verse said...

i agree, this is such a good look, however i have found it only works if your books are all of a semi-standard size :(