Wednesday 25 March 2015

Traditional Swedish Stoves (kakelugn)...

Traditional Swedish Wood burning stove , Kakelugn
Swedish Wood Burning stove
Lars Bolander's Home Featured in Home and Garden Magazine
Traditional Swedish Wood Burning Stove: Fine Little Day

Arent these traditional Swedish stoves fabulous? I have been collecting these images for about a year, until I could get enough together to show you guys on Moon to Moon.

Swedish 'kakelung' have been made in Sweden and other Scandinavian countries out of hand made stove tiles. They are very efficient, evenly distributing the heat and heating up the masonry before exiting the chimney. I am sure you will agree these really are so, so beautiful!


3 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

They are truly beautiful.....many years ago...while traveling Europe and Sweden we saw many of these in old homes and dwellings. Many of them had decorative tile and such on their facades. The all white ones ones are particularly lovely.

xo

Jo

Aneta said...

I simply love this post :) It has transported me to the childchood when, as a kid I studied illustrations in the Moomin books - and there there was this exact stove :D

Unknown said...

You are so right, they are lovely, thank you for the collection.
Katie