Sunday 28 August 2016

Autumn vibes..... Tips for getting ready for the chillier months

Local Milk

Ashley neese


Autumn (fall) is on its way...

 I was recently asked by Nyde to write three tips for the transition from Summer to Autumn, and it has got me feeling really excited about all the things I get up to in the colder months.

So I thought i would do a little list of three things i have been up to to prepare now i know Autumn's on her way

1) Incense
Although I love my incense in the summer months i seem to prefer just the open windows and the noise of the wildlife/ city outside to the thick smell of incense. This morning however, it was pouring down and a bit chilly and I dug out my incense box, lit my nag champa and instantly felt so relaxed and snuggly. This season I really want to try some Zenbunni Holy Smoke incense, it has been on my list for too long!!

2) A thick Rug
As I have begun focusing a lot more on my yoga practice (and am considering doing my teacher training) I have been cleaning out and decluttering my home, trying to get my home to feel more relaxing and more well, yoga!

We were also selling (and sold it but then decided not to move, but that is another story) so we decided to neutralize (why do we sellers do this) a little to get some interest so brought a huge cream rug it was the Adum one from Ikea ( sadly I couldn't afford a Beni Ourain). Although usually a thrifty, second hand loving mama, this rug has actually really lightened my sitting room and is so cozy under my toes. Perfect for my always bare feet in the colder months!!

3) Food
I am so happy that it is nearly stew and soup season! Again i adore all the beautiful colourful fruit of the summer months but there is nothing more magical than a warming bowl of hearty vegetable stew and chunky bread......

Roll on Autumn!!

What are your favorite things about Autumn?

5 comments:

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

It's always fun welcoming a new season. Autumn favourite things for me are the scent of leaves (and pine if you are near any redwoods), the beginning of snugly fires in the wood burner, and the colours of the time of year. Being able to use the vintage wooly blankets again ..... x

Babylon Sisters said...

I so miss Autumn in the north! Here in Houston we have a season called 'not quite so blazingly hot' but it doesn't start for a couple of months yet...

Paula said...

I really love Autumn; it's my very favorite season! I like how the views are filled with reds and oranges and golds, sometimes bright magentas and purples, too! And the way the air feels crisp and has a little tang of woodsmoke on it. Here in the Pacific North West, Autumn is the start of the rainy season, which my husband and I both love because it means staying inside and being cozy. It also means I have to start a fire in the wood stove every morning, which is a chill season ritual that I love. There's lots to love about Autumn!

Danette said...

oh my god....everything about this post moves me....

Meg said...

Flannel pajamas with flannel sheets and listening to the rain outside my bedroom window. Perfection (and is happening right now!!)