Friday 13 April 2018

Zero Waste : The 28 day Plastic Purge Challenge


Jorge Gamboa's Plastic bag in the shape of an Iceberg

So this new year I made a new years resolution ... to wear matching socks every day ..... and although I am very proud to say I have achieved this so far (the first time since I was 16), I am now thinking it may be time to set myself a bit more of a challenging goal, that has a little more impact than what I am wearing on my feet. So I have decided to take steps to live a more 'Zero Waste' lifestyle.... starting with reducing and purging the plastic within the home and our lives.

Although we always recycle and try and be mindful of the amount of plastic we use, we do still buy a lot of berries that come in those plastic boxes, and other groceries that come with totally unnessary plastic wrapping - like bananas (why are they in plastic?)

So having found the 28 day Plastic Purge challenge image (below) on Pinterest, I am now going to set myself  the (relevant) challenges listed. I have found some great products, how too's and recipes to share with you all but am no expert so I would also really love your help. If you have any ideas that can help me on my way then please either leave a comment or email me at moontomoon@live.co.uk.

You can also follow my progress on Instagram here


Plastic Free: The 28 day Plastic Purge Challenge

1 comment:

Jay Wen said...

I started this online environmental lifestyle magazine www.ecourbanmag.com as I was really frustrated years ago with how much trash was in the world and how terribly we have treated the environment due to not knowing or just bad habits that we never really realized. It was my outlet to place all my discoveries and ideas on how to live sustainably in a modern world. You may like it! Let me know what you think.

As far as curbing my plastic, it’s mostly when I go grocery shopping. I choose not to use the plastic bags to bag my veggies or fruits and pick containers that can be recycled. I also bring my own bag! I think it’s the little things we do that make a big difference over time.


Jay -
www.jaywenphoto.com/journal