Thursday 17 July 2014

Current obsession: Indian Chakki Tables...

Indian Chakki table via Beyond Marrakesh
Indian Chakki Table
Chakki/ grinder Table
Hand painted Chakki grinder table from India
You know one of those elusive items that you see when you have overspent for the month and then spend years daydreaming about and kicking yourself for not getting? That is how I feel about the beautiful Indian Chakki Table that I saw in Glastonbury's Dilway and Dilway 4 or 5 years ago. Since then I have been searching and searching but have never found one in the UK that hasn't 'just been sold', too big for my sitting room or topped with a cushion and transformed into an ottoman.

Originally used as a base and stand for household stone mills they make great coffee tables, especially if you are clumsy like me and have habit of knocking over red wine and coffee as the raised edge can help prevent it running over the sides and ruining your carpet or favorite rug.

One day I will have one...





5 comments:

acyhoz said...

interesting table, i've started to really love your blog! I love boho designs.

Anahata said...

We brought loads of these back from Joghpur, India. And they truly are amazing. And to think they would use them for "just grinding grain at home". That's why India is still so delicious.

Baylee said...

i have never seen one of these before. they are absolutely stunning!! i need one.

Unknown said...

Hi
lOVE this tables too!I'VE bougt my 2 on Ebay uk.Few weeks ago they had one for sale for 150 pounds!
Thank you for posting my picture of chakki with throws and pillows (second one):)

Unknown said...

I have one of these I would love to sell. Mine has been converted to a table, but the table top can be removed.