Saturday 3 March 2018

A mellow cabin in vermont



Back to the chilled and neutral palette that I so much crave these days.....I never thought I would turn almost minimalist in my tastes but there is something about earthy tones that really makes me feel so relaxed.






The Vermont home is lived in by writer Robin MacArthur and her husband Ty and romantically the hand built cabin is on the spot on which Robins childhood hideaway was located, that the pair later decided to build their family home on.


As a bit of a home obsessive, soon after seeing these photos on Design Sponge I decided I needed to see more and was quickly headed to instagram to see if Robin had an account. Although these pictures are beautifully shot, and really do show off the stunning building that the pair built by hand, there is something about seeing a house as it is really lived in that gives a home a true warmth. So below I have included some pictures from Robin's instagram (link below)... that show the cabin as not only as a building but as a home..... a very happy one at that....














To see more of Robin's families beautiful house and read the story behind it visit Design Sponge or alternatively to see the home 'lived in' visit Robin's Instagram @robinwoodbird


Photography by Robin MacArthur


Heart Spring Mountain, Robin MacArthurs new book out now



2 comments:

PFF said...

Love it! I'm usually an eclectic lover but I'm just as much about minimal decor and colour as well

xx

Rebecca said...

I like it - not extremely minimalist really...