Saturday 7 February 2015

The Cob Home of .... John Wild

Owner: Jon wild, Builder: Jon Wild, Location: Aspen, Colorado, Date of Construction: 1970
Owner: Jon wild, Builder: Jon Wild, Location: Aspen, Colorado, Date of Construction: 1970







Although I cant find any more information about this beautiful cob home I am so pleased I finally found these pictures. I have been obsessed with that kitchen for years so it is nice to see the rest of the house. It certainly doesn't disappoint!!!

Owner: Jon wild, Builder: Jon Wild, Location: Aspen, Colorado, Date of Construction: 1970

9 comments:

diane said...

It is quite a quirky home! Thanks for sharing the photos.
diane @ thoughts & shots

franziska / stilgerecht said...

amazing place.
i found one more picture:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6d/da/f7/6ddaf7ecf0f4115c974460dac9e4a187.jpg

Kate said...

That toilet- what a throne! This post thrills me.

Laura Morrigan said...

I have sometimes dreamed of a cob home for myself!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, what a dream!
x Erin
The Halfway Point

Edith Reyntiens said...

It's a very beautiful home! So forward thinking in 1970, made possible by the Whole Earth catalog, I would think! Have you tried Lloyd Khan for more information? He wrote the original Shelter book in 1972, he mapped pretty much every quirky him in the world at that point!

Unknown said...

Any idea what that roof is made out of?

Common Sense Chick said...

This Might be Dick Clarks little getaway in Malibu....it was on the market for a few years because no one understood it. It was dubbed "The Flinstone House"....I'll do some research and see what I can come up with.

Anonymous said...

As I scrolled down, I was thinking to myself, "I was in a home similar to this, in Aspen!" DUH. Same home. In the 90s it was rented out to skiers and locals and they had a small party, to which I was invited. There are very, very few straight lines in the entire home. It is a rose among 'modern' thorns.