Sunday 17 May 2015

A 14th Century English home











It was my birthday this week and my parents came to stay, it was awesome to have a catch up and we went to St Fagans just outside of Cardiff. It was such a cool place where they had moved houses from across Wales to set up a Welsh Life museum. One of the Houses was from my parents old village..... This got me thinking it was about time I posted about some of the beautiful houses the UK has to offer...

So here is a beautiful 14th Century Suffolk home that was lovingly restored by skincare brand Pevonia, owners Daniela Chandler and Paul Mason.

This home is similar to my parents old home in Wales, although the upstairs rooms are now used for  bedrooms in the 14th century these rooms would have been used for storage........

I love these properties.....Stone floors, beamed ceilings and a great big inglenook fireplace... what is not to love?

To view the original article visit Period Living here

5 comments:

rebecca said...

I SO agree! What's NOT to love?
The dining room particularly caught my eye....Reminds me that I still do love dark wood/natural wood furniture.

Laura Morrigan said...

Wow! There is definitely some decor i want to steal!

paula said...

The place is so antique and I love it! Dreaming to live in a property like that. :)

Paula Montgomery
Ayala Premier Taguig

Moon to Moon said...

Glad you all like it. I love the hallway and that wonderful bed!

Tracie Nelson said...

I always loved homes like this, espically the ones with the beautiful gardens to match. I could just stand in wonder and admire everything.