Saturday 11 October 2014

House Plant: Tradescantia Zebrina

Tradescantia Zebrina

Last week I was browsing my local florist for something a little different to sit in my vase when I came across the most beautiful shimmery house plant. It was green and sparkly silver on the top and bright purple on the bottom....... The plant was a Tradecantia Zebrina and it came straight home with me!

I have placed him at the top of the stairs where a few other plants live but as he is so vibrantly colored am probably going to move him to his own space to let his beauty shine :)

Tradescantia Zebrina is a really beautiful trailing houseplant that is pretty easy to look after.....

Site: A bright position out of direct sunlight. 
Temp: This is a fairly robust plant liking average warmth. 
Water: Keep well watered in summer and infrequently in winter. Mist leaves occasionally. 
Feeding: A liquid feed every 3 weeks or so.


5 comments:

Mel Carino said...

Also called a Wandering Jew. They are SO easy to propagate and make new plants or share with friends! I have lots of these indoors and out :)

Ginkgo Biloba said...

My tradescantias are outside and inside (mediterranean climate...). Did you know that they are blooming too? Tiny lovely flowers for weeks :-)

Christa

**Anne** said...

As a houseplant it's looks lovely but whatever you do, don't plant this in the garden, it is invasive and an absolute weed and pest. We have it growing in our backyard and cannot get rid of it.
Anne

Epolenep said...

Hi I live in Barcelona and it's always been in my grandma's house... I love it! It's easy to grow in a vase with water, too.

Caitlin said...

I love learning about new houseplants, and these ones seem lovely!