Saturday 26 March 2016

Easter Sunday Recipe: Wild Chaga Hot Chocolate...

Wild Chaga Hot Chocolate Recipie, suing Wild Chaga from Olivia Clementine

I really, really LOVE chocolate but quit dairy when Alex was diagnosed with being dairy intolerant as a baby, so now when i do 'treat' myself to dairy I can no longer tolerate it either... so I have pretty much given it up and as a previous chocoholic have spent the last year happily exploring my alternatives.

So I thought this Easter I would share one of my dairy free, gluten free, Vegan.... favorite chocolate recipes.... and as here in England there are the obligotory colds and flus circulating and it is really bloody miserable outside ....... what better way to enjoy your chcolate than hot.... and medicinal!!

My absolute favorite recipe for Hot Chocolate is one from Ella aka Deliciously Ella. It is not a cheap recepie to make but it is well worth the spluge... the only adaptation I have made is the addition of medicinal Wild Chaga from Olivia Clementine into the mix.

So what is Chaga and why should you add it to your hot Chocolate?

 Well Chaga is in essence a mushroom that grows predominantly of birch trees. It is a powerful healing tool and has shown to heal all the organs of the body, contain high amounts of b vitamins and give energy.... Perfect for coming out of winter hibernation....



Recipe

1 cup of Almond Milk 
2 tablespoons of date syrup
2 teaspoons of raw cacao
1 teaspoon of almond butter
Pinch of Salt  (optional I just love the taste of it with chocolate) 
1-2 teaspoon(s) of Wild Chaga Powder

Just put all the ingredients into a saucepan and stir until combined. try not to let it boil and loose those all important nutrients

enjoy xx

1 comment:

Boho Mixology said...

Sounds incredible, I'm totally going to try some and amp up my hot chocolates.

Zoe xx