Sunday 9 November 2014

A Winter Retreat...



The Reveal...
I can finally reveal the 'secret project' that I have been working on with eBay as part of their 'Shop the World' campaign. My brief from eBay was to choose a seasonal image and create a collection of items from eBay inspired by the Image. I am a massive eBay addict so an excuse to spend even more time looking for pretty things guilt free has been a real luxury, although I ended up buying a couple of items before they made it to the final edit.... whoops!

The Image...
The image above is probably my favorite of the year so far. I featured it a few weeks ago, but at the time had no idea where this beautiful room was. After plenty of reader feedback I established it is a Bed and Breakfast called The White Nyle in Antwerp. This beautiful b&b is decorated head to toe in stunning finds from across the African Continent and is the perfect place for a winter retreat. I can just imagine snuggling up on the beautiful Kilim seating, sipping warming peppermint tea and reading the Ranulph Fiennes book I have been meaning to read for ages.... bliss!

The Collection...



The items I have chosen are all inspired by The White Nile and can be found on my Winter Retreat collections board. Above is a small selection of what I have chosen.. these are ...

Kilim Carpet: This beautiful bright Kilim carpet is handmade using beautiful natural dyes and would look awesome in a modern or period property...

Sunburst Mirror: For those months when the summer sunshine seems like it is a million months away.

Moroccan Pouffe: The perfect bohemian accessory. Put your feet up or add a Berber tray to turn it into a perfect table for your Turkish Coffee pot

Globe:  Plan those winter breaks into the sunshine

Antique Middle Eastern Coffee Table:This beautiful wooden framed table has a beautiful Brass tray , perfect for resting your peppermint tea




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that sofa and pillows.. All things are looking so beautiful and traditional..
Jaslynn, Bizbilla

Suzy said...

This looks so beautiful and tranquil. I love the 3d butterflies on the wall x