Wednesday 4 April 2012

Decorating with Vintage Piano Shawls....

Vintage silk Piano Shawl used as a throw
I apologise that this is the 10,000 reblog but Jimi, in that bedroom with that Piano Shawl bed.... :)


Decorating with vintage silk Piano Shawls

The Magical Shae Acopian Detar : Decorating with vintage silk Piano shawls
Gypsy Caravan adorned with beautiful Vintage Piano shawls

I am actually in love with my two Vintage Piano Shawls, one is plain silk with humongous tassels and the other a stunning brown crepe silk with bronze embroidered flowers and tassels. The moment I put them on I feel like I am transformed into some kind of Gypsy/ Stevie Nicks type and swish where ever I walk. Paired with a maxi dress and a pair of Indian sandals, they are my wedding outfit staple. When I am not wearing them they have pride of place draped over the door of my open wardrobe so I can admire them ever time I get dressed...

They do cost a fair old bit for the originals but you can dig out a really good copy on ebay or even dig out a bargain at your local thrift/vintage store. They are well worth an investment..

Of course you could always wear your vintage Piano Shawl :Chinese Shawl circa 1885-1910

12 comments:

Kath said...

Gorgeous! me eye was particularly drawn to the unusual shaped lamps in 2 of the pics. I have a thing for lamps!

CALABASH DESIGN said...

yes! they are so beautiful. I bought a new one off ebay recently, but i did some real hunting to find one that i was happy with and it is so stunnning. I've been looking to get a couple of vintage ones also x

Jo said...

I wore my piano shawl to a wedding last summer and with a maxi dress, which wasn't only a dress but a culotte dress. Spot on. All that fringing works well with the kind of dancing you can only get away with at a wedding reception.

hippyatheart said...

really love that cream one shown in the first pic

Boho Mixology said...

I just adore them, no mater where they are draped be it a person or the home they add instant "amazing".

Zoe x

Morgan said...

gorgeous! love that first pic

Katy said...

I am in love with the gypsy caravan!!! beautiful!!!

Melwa said...

Amazingly beautiful and cozy.

flaming hag folkwear said...

i love some pretty fringe. i have fringed shawls hanging along all the rails of our four poster canopy bed. it's the closest i can get to a gypsy wagon for right now :)

fanakapan said...

You can post that picture of Jimi as much as you like!

aroluna said...

Gorgeousness! subtle caress softness and fringes! Love

louise and nivaldo de lima said...

you can get the lampshades from here. http://www.seraoflondon.com