Wednesday 18 April 2012

Fabulous Tiles ....

The beautiful tiles add a would add a sense of the fabulous to any kitchen


Beautiful bohemian vintage tiles



Copper pot, tiles and baby blue sink

Beautiful hand painted tiles
I have surprised myself by loving these Mirror tiles

After years of renting and moving from house to house I have finally had an offer on a house accepted.....Eeek!

I am trying not to get my hopes up as there is so much that can go wrong, but.......... being a bit obsessed with interiors (don't know if you have noticed) I have of course spent a fair bit of time dreaming about removing the vile bathroom tiles currently in place and replacing them with something a little more exciting.

Nice tiles are so expensive, to cover a whole room or area would cost me a fortune that sadly i don't have however a small area over a sink (as below) or even a beautiful tile border surrounding cheaper plain tiles is a little more affordable.


A simple internet search will bring up some great links to a variety of tile shops. I have been drooling over fired earth!!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Love it! I have a whole "Tiles" pinterest board! I'm a little obssessed :)

http://pinterest.com/rachthecupcake/tiles/

Bohemian said...

I adore Tiles too... it would be a Dream of mine to one day own a Moorish Inspired Home Beautifully Tiled from top to bottom with Exotic Tiles from around the World!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

aroluna said...

totally get why you drool over fired earth, they are awesome!!!

Notes From ABroad said...

The mirrors did it for me too ..
Here there are antique shops packed with amazing tiles from the 20s and 30s .. when they tear down all the old mansions, they scavenge them for tiles and antique bits for resale. I love the Art Deco and Nouveau styles.

Boho Mixology said...

So exciting about getting the offer accepted, good luck with it all im sure it will go fine :)
Those tiles are stunning! we recently viewed a house that had beautiful tiles in the bathroom, they were very similar to the first ones but in avocado seriously they were amazing.

Zoe x

Kath said...

Exciting times indeed!

I had to smile, my Mum had tiles like these in the 70's, in avocado! We all laughed at the time, little did we know they would become a style classic!

Unknown said...

love these tiles :)

Marjory said...

Lovely mandalas. Adore making them and seeing these patterns everywhere!!

Emma Troy said...

Those mirror tiles are fantastic. Can you tell me which site the photo comes from, please? I need to order these for my new bathroom right now!