Friday 13 April 2012

Camping season Part 1: Yurts....

Beautiful hand decorated Yurt

Yurt interior
Yurt interior : So basic but I swear I could sit on that mattress for ever
Chill out Yurt
Yurt interior
Yurt style bedroom

Yurt bedroom
           Yurt - originally from a Turkic word referring to the imprint left in the ground by a moved yurt


With Coachella, Glastonbury, The big Chill and other summer festivals coming up I thought it would be apt to start a series on Camping, glamping, campers and Yurts. I love Yurts, whether simply decorated or full of hand woven rugs and Pillows they really are so beautiful. City life is so hectic, I am sure living in one of these beauties would help me feel more connected to the earth in times of Stress...


What do you guys think?


And the Winner of the Sisters of the Black Moon Give away is....


The Lovely Lonesome mama Congratulations lovely lady, Email me and I will forward your details onto the Magical Sisters of the Black Moon

7 comments:

Boho Mixology said...

Yurts are amazing, I think they would be so grounding, I could think of no better way to spend time.

Zoe x

Charlotte Chance said...

My friend has two beautiful yurts on her farm on Dartmoor....one by the lake and woods and one looking over the moor, both with fire heated showers and outdoor kitchens. Check out dartmoor yurt holidays. I also have a friend who lives in a beautiful 24 foot yurt with two smaller yurts attatched.

Kath said...

there is a chap here in Glastonbury who makes them, puts my caravan to shame LOL

Lonesome Mama said...

OH MY, FANTASTIC! I have mailed you on facebook, your moon to moon page, I didn't find your email here.

enjoythesilence said...

This is magic.

Unknown said...

Oh wow.
I have always wanted to live in a yurt.
Absolutely amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow all of the amenities of home. I lived in a tent for a year but it was extremely primitive compared to this.