Monday 3 October 2011

The home of Photographer Mark Borthwick

Live journal


For a couple of years now the photo above has been my favourite. Everything about that image is for me perfect. But it has always been a mystery image, it has appeared on tumblr countless times with no source, all I have ever known is that I want to live there. I want to be that girl on the mat surrounded by those plants, big windows, and musical instruments. The perfect place to be creative and relaxed.

This morning I finally found out it is the home of photographer Mark Borthwick and i have found lots of pretty pictures of his lovely bohemian Brooklyn home to share. Hope you love it as much as me.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

i LOVE sources... tumblr is horrid for that.

thank you for sharing, have always liked that pic as well. a few more books and paints and it would be perfect for me too. :D

Keira said...

What a beautiful light-filled home! Thank you for posting this.

Notes From ABroad said...

Wonderful ! and so Inspiring !
I love the Stairs, the windows, views light and the open space .. love it !

hippyatheart said...

absolutely perfection! even the staircase is a dream come true!

Jay Wen said...

JESUS! I live in Brooklyn and I would LOVE to go into a home like Mark's. It's so unreal, plenty of space and light which most of New York City lacks in general. I always wonder what the inside of other people's homes look like. THanks for this!

Julia said...

Beautiful! One more inspiration for my soon-to-be-flat!

Sarah said...

So amazing and inspiring! The second pic has always been one of my faves, but I hadn't seen the other ones before. Thanks for sharing :)

Chesca said...

aside from the beautiful hangings, exotic plants, teapots and everything gorgeous, what i love most about this room is the windows. the light is just amazing, i would give anything to live somewhere with a wall of windows. perfect x

nakedfaun.blogspot.com

Hanna said...

Oh my, that's amazing

Charlotte Chance said...

I think it's safe to say we are all very much loving this..thank you for sharing. Everything I seem to like these days happens to be in Brooklyn!

Anonymous said...

Such great light in each of these spaces
www.rawfashionmagazine.com

Talibah said...

what a beautiful space, lots of room to spread out!! It is a feast for my eyes!

Oniat said...

Great pictures.. I wish I could live in that place.
Anyway, I love your blog.. If you want, check mine:
http://oniat.blogspot.com