Saturday 23 January 2010

Twig herself

Twigs Bathroom



"Interiors stylist Twig Hutchinson, 30, lives with her husband and their 21-month-old daughter in a Victorian semi in Stockwell Park.
In four years, Twig has transformed the family's two-bedroom house using faded hues and salvaged treasures. The bathroom cost around £5,500 including a state-of-the-art shower (but not builders' costs on top). 'I sanded back the reclaimed pine floorboards from Lassco and treated them with a grey lye from Dane Care.
'In the middle of the room is a 1920s French bath from The Water Monopoly, which cost £2,500. The washstand is made up of a French sideboard from Kempton Antiques Market and a basin from Holloways of Ludlow and handmade Moroccan tiles from Habibi Interiors.
'The base was a snip at £120 and the taps just £100 but the tiles were £158 per sq m. But that's the key to reclamation  -  some fixtures are an expensive outlay but others can be picked up cheaply if you know what to look for.
'I love our bathroom. I feel happy whenever I go in there. Taps in the middle is the way forward. Oh, and a bath rack to put your gin and tonic on! I can sit in the bath with my husband chatting for hours.'

Orginal article From here
May I add I most certainly do not read the Daily Mail Newspaper that this article was from but thought it was an intresting article.

Oh and don't you just LOVE her boots?

4 comments:

Ivy Black said...

I'd have a smile like that too if that was my bathroom!!
x

Moon to Moon said...

Yeah me too :)

Julia said...

great tub! but my eyes get caught by her brown boots:)

That Girl in Pearls said...

These are my two favorite things: Classic elegance and a rough, more industrial style. This is pretty hard to pull off and is done so well in these photos!! Definite inspiration.