Thursday 15 August 2013

Houseboat: Retts Woods London Home Photographed by Todd Selby

Retts Wood on her houseboat home in London






I have always had a bit of a thing about houseboats. When I was 10 I joined the Sea Cadets and loved knot tying, rowing and Canoeing and spent a couple of awesome holidays on Canal boats. At 15 and listening to a lot of Portishead and Massive Attack, having quit sea cadets because I thought myself to cool, I dreamt about moving to Bristol (home of Massive Attack, Portishead and Banksy), being an Artist and living on a houseboat that I could just float away on when I wanted.

 1 out of 3 isn't bad... I moved to Bristol....

However, as I currently own a house with noisy neighbors the idea of owning a home that you could simply move to a different spot if you were moored next to a inconsiderate knobhead, is becoming even more tempting, and having a look at these affordable homes, the dream is actually not really that unobtainable..

This particular houseboat is owned by British Photographer Retts Wood and is moored in London. The images are all by Todd Selby and many more of this beautiful home can be found on his site here. Being tall, having a 6'3 fella and currently thinking about starting a family this one would be too small ( I am thinking more Dutch Barge), but these images are so inspirational.....

expect plenty of Houseboat posts to come :)


7 comments:

Poisson D'Avril said...

One day, I will have my boat, it will be my home and I will sail around the world ^^ :D

Thank you for this post! :D

http://davrilpoisson.blogspot.com/

Kath said...

Fabulous! I saw a TV programme a few years back, about a lady who lived in a boat on the canals in France, just pootling between the locks,it looked like an idyllic way to live.

fearofspam said...

You would love this vid about a woman living on a narrowboat in London

Simple Living

Miss Maple said...

I want a houseboat - at once! That's a fabulous way of living.

Quenby said...

If I could do without a big garden and room full of more books that could fit on a boat I would love to live on a houseboat. Alas, I am materialistic when it comes to certain things.

Quenby Sheree

Stephen*z said...

Love the photos. and YES keep the houseboat photos coming.

Unknown said...

We live in Cambridge and have been toying with the idea of living on a houseboat, someway, somehow. My hubby and I are already minimalists and can do with small spaces. Plus he loves fishing. We'd just have to learn how to maintain one. Looking forward to more houseboat posts!