Thursday 8 November 2012

Conservatory's and Greenhouses....

Bodnant Conservatory in Wales via instagram

Garden Room at Dunster Castle via my Instagram
Green House

Beautiful overgrown Victorian Conservatory / greenhouse
Spiral Staircase at Kew Gardens

I can remember the moment I fell for Victorian style conservatories and began dreaming of living in a huge green house. I must have been 8 years old and we went on a visit to Kew Gardens. There was a beautiful conservatory with Lemon and Orange Trees and a large greenhouse with huge lily-pads that I remember being very disappointed that I wasn't aloud to sit on. It was around that time I read the Secret Garden....

Growing up we visited loads of National Trust properties and I have to be honest I found them a bit boring, but now I cant get enough. Although I find the interiors aren't often to my taste the gardens and conservatories are so beautiful and inspiring....

Heaven!!!

11 comments:

STONED IMMACULATE said...

ooooooooo loveeee these!!!
thanks for sharing babe

R.Mason said...

These are beautiful, I want one more than anything. My dream is to combine a bathroom with a greenhouse. Rob.

Kath said...

when we were house hunting here in Glastonbury, we saw an "upside down" house which had a conservatory leading off a ground floor room, which was a bedroom, I loved it!

David Hornero said...

Magnificos rincones. Saludos.

Melissa said...

These photos are so dreamy. Love them all. *sigh* I want a conservatory.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Ms Misantropia said...

Lovely pictures! I would love a small orangerie in connection with our house.

Blu said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I'm sorry for shouting, but this is a houose from my dreams :) <3

Unknown said...

What a beautiful house! And that staircase! I love the look of that. My husband and I have been looking at spiral staircase prices since the kids want another way to get into their playroom. I wonder if I can find anything that matches this style. I would love that.

Jay Wen said...

This is adding fuel to the fire to my obsession of greenhouses.

-j. said...

The melancholic beauty of greenhouses and conservatories alway makes me think about my favourite poem, by M. Maeterlinck : "O hot-house deep in the forest's heart! O doors forever sealed! Lo, all that lives beneath thy dome..." Enchating! Thank you for this and all other great posts!

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

Love these, we have a teeny one, and I want to make it more wild. Much inspiration here. I remember Kew Gardens too, and now find it awesome. Minerva x