Wednesday 14 November 2012

Space colony on the Moon




Space Colony Artworks credited to NASA Ames Research Centre

I love Science Fiction. Star-trek, Star wars, Firefly, V, 2001, Lost in Space..... even Doom...I love them all, they fuel my secret dream of living in a space station or having a little space ship... not impossible I am sure :)

So you can imagine I was mega excited by the news that NASA 'may' be planing to build a space station just outside the moon's orbit. So cool right?

Above are some wonderful Space Colony Artworks from the 1970's, that I first discovered, and drooled over, via Lune Blog some months back. The are NASA concept images from the NASA Ames summer studies from the 1970's depicting life on a Space Colony.... Indoor forests and lakes... I could defiantly live here...

What do you guys think? Would you move to a space colony or stay down on Earth?

More reading...

Read more about the current Moon station plans here

See more of the Space Colony Artwork Here

7 comments:

Arlie said...

I would move there! At least for awhile. If this were to happen in our lifetime, that would be insane! As long as it wasn't like Terra Nova and I was stuck there...

Moon to Moon said...

I had never heard of that programme. Just downloaded the first episode. Ta for the heads up
Xx Gabi xx

everytingsalright said...

I'm happy on earth thank you....

I hope all the trouble people can move there....

It could finally relieved the American tax payers from their responsibilities towards Israel by making space the new Israel.America could finally afford health care and slash their ridiculously high child poverty rate..

Moon to Moon said...

Yup, it is sad that America doesn't have health care for all.
I live in England and am an NHS nurse, and proud to be treating those who need healthcare not those deemed to deserve it or afford it.

hippyatheart said...

really lovely pics and I love science fiction, too! would really be a wonderful place with an exciting view ;)
really whise comments so far about this, would really be a great place for all the troubled ones. but it would be better to find solutions for a peaceful live for everyone here on earth, wouldn't it? xx

Melissa said...

This is so groovy. I would never want to live on the moon though. I like it down here on earth.

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

CHRISTI JAY said...

I love these images! They look so vintage and lovely, like their from an old National Geographic. I'd absolutely be interested in a moon vacation, though i love my open skies and don't know if i could live in a station.