Monday 12 November 2012

Secret Canadian TreeHouse :The HemLoft

The HemLoft: This beautiful Treehouse is in a secret Location in the Canadian woodlands






This 'secret' treehouse is an illegally built haven in Whistler, Canada built by carpenter Joel Alan. A labour of love costing $6000 to build, using reclaimed materials and taking months to find just the right tree, i am sure you will agree The HemLoft is the perfect treehouse getaway.

"The HemLoft is a self-funded secret creation that built on crown land in Whistler, Canada. It hangs on a precipitous slope, in a towering stand of hemlocks, about a five minute walk from the nearest road. When I started building it, I was just a fledgling carpenter, living out of my car. Building an experimental orb deep in the woods, with no electrical power, isn’t the recommended way to ease yourself into carpentry. However, I was armed with a couple of the most powerful tools a carpenter can have: blind naiveté and supreme determination."

To see more visit Joels HemLoft website here

9 comments:

BohoMind said...

It looks very cozy and I wouldnt mind having a house like that to go to when I need to clear my mind.

Ipmilat said...

My dream home. So long as it rains incessantly in the woods.

Vintajia Adornments said...

Place is delightful, however would last about 6 months here. The termites would love it.

Gordita said...

It's nice, not sure about the whole "illegal" situation being a good idea ultimately, but that entry gangway is an accident waiting to happen.

enjoythesilence said...

I think it is the most perfect idea. And the fact that it is in complete secrecy from the world - isn't that what a tree house is meant to be?

Lenni x

Melissa said...

I'm blown away. This is so beautiful. I would love to live in one of those homes. x

<3 Melissa
wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this is actually rather incredible... what an amazing idea!

Marjory said...

What a gem this tree house!

Marjory said...

OMG, lovely in every way. Beautiful shape and surroundings!!