Saturday 14 November 2015

Shop: Maude Interiors


Maude interiors is a faboulous online store focusing on eclectic home furnishings from across the globe, owner Nicola is one of those lucky people with a real eye for beauty, that gets to travel the globe sourcing stunning textiles and trinkets to sell.... so envious!

I have asked Nicola from Maude to tell us at Moon to Moon a little bit more about the company and herself and her inspiration for opening Maud...

"The name Maud interiors came about because Maud is my family nickname.  

My background is in corporate marketing and PR, however I have always wanted my own interiors store and three years ago I decided that the time was right to pursue my dream.  We have been online for two and a half years and hope one day to have a bricks and mortar store too.  

The inspiration for the online boutique comes from my love of textiles, colour and design, inherited from my mother an art lecturer, my love of travel inherited from my father, who was always travelling on business to exotic places and my childhood years living in the Middle East.  I travel and source products for the store and aim to work with fair trade organisations, small family run businesses,  social enterprises and designer/makers. "


Maude Interiors: Handira Blanket
It was tough to choose but below I have picked out my 4 favourite items from Maude's online store.

Handira
Handira (pictured above) are Moroccan Wedding blankets that are hand made for future brides to be worn as shawls on their wedding days. They are really heavy blankets and are perfect for the winter months to be used as blankets over the bed.... your certainly wont get cold toes with one of these. Each one is different so you really are getting a unique , hand crafted piece of art work with each handira.


Vintage Abha Hand Embroidered Cushion
I am a total sucker for an Indian Textile, especially if it contains mirrors. These beautiful Hand embroidered Abha cushions are no exception. These vintage, cushion comprises hand embroidered fragments repurposed from traditional tunic bodices and cuffs, they are also backed in Velvet.... Divine!


I love these warm copper meditation bowls. Each one was handcrafted by Tambat coppersmiths in Pune, India. Each indentation is created by a technique called ‘Matharkaam’.   It is a highly skilled craft, carried out with specially profiled beating hammers, which requires strength, dexterity and keen hand-eye coordination.

Perfect for floating flowers or candles in as a table centre piece or as mediation aid. I can imagine the warm glow would be stunning when it contains tea lights

Large Bonakele Basket
These Large Bonakele baskets are great to store kids toys in, rather than shiny predictable plastic storage little fingers love these rougher natural baskets. Each basket is handmade in Swaziland from indigenous and renewable grasses. they come in a variety of different colours. I really love the electric yellow

About Maude

The name Maud interiors came about because Maud is my family nickname.  My background is in corporate marketing and PR, however I have always wanted my own interiors store and three years ago I decided that the time was right to pursue my dream.  We have been online for two and a half years and hope one day to have a bricks and mortar store too.  The inspiration for the online boutique comes from my love of textiles, colour and design, inherited from my mother an art lecturer, my love of travel inherited from my father, who was always travelling on business to exotic places and my childhood years living in the Middle East.  I travel and source products for the store and aim to work with fair trade organisations, small family run businesses,  social enterprises and designer/makers.

1 comment:

Ipmilat said...

Those cushions are gorgeous. Wish I had a spare 90 quid.