Wednesday 25 November 2015

BED PEACE, HAIR PEACE: In bed with John Lennon & Yoko Ono










On March 25th 1969, only 5 days after their wedding, John Lennon and Yoko Ono staged a couple of non-violent in-bed protests. One in room 702 of the Amsterdam Hilton and later one in Montreal, in aid of world peace. The press were invited to attend between 9am and 9pm to talk about Peace.

As a life long Pacifist these pictures have always struck a nerve with me and with the recent troubles in Paris and Syria  (and the many other places) I found myself looking at these pictures again.

I have been called idealistic and naive but I really don't see why people can't just chill out, be kind and all get along....... and as John and Yoko said.......Remember Love!





 The images have become Iconic however it was not until 2012 that Yoko Ono released the video for the world to see. It is over an hour long but it is a great watch






i

1 comment:

Desert Woman said...

"You may say I'm a Dreamer but I'm not the only one...."
I know that now is the time for the world to live as one.
You are not alone, Gabi. There are many of us out there who know that "If you spot it, you got it." We know that people can live peacefully and that we ARE ONE family in this world. Problems are not solved by revenge.
Thank you for posting such a beautiful reminder.