Wednesday 27 February 2013

The art studio / home of ... Fia Cielen

The beautiful bohemian artist studio and Home of Fia Cielen, Antwerp

This beautiful bohemian, eclectic, artist studio is also the home of Antwerp Artist Fia Cielen, that I found over at Eefje de Coninck, a blog dedicated to the homes of artists. Here is the interview to accompany the images


* What do you like the most about your home?

The space! My father bought this huge building some years ago and he lets me live here. We used to organize concerts and exhibitions here. My brother will move here too and I really like that I have my family close by, but there's still enough room to have your own private space.


Does your work as an artist shine through in your interior?

Yes, it sure does, I work a lot with natural aspects in my work. Nature inspires me and it's nice to have it all around me. So I try to integrate it in my interior.


What would you like to change about the house?
Nothing much actually, the only thing I wish is that the works on the house would already be finished, but that will take probably a year or two still.

3 comments:

LeeAnn at Mrs Black's said...

Such an inspiring space! Must be fantastic to work there. Love everything about it. Minerva ~

Cobalt Violet said...

LOVE her space! It's so creative and open!
Thanks for this. I'm getting ready to paint and move things around so it's very inspiring. I've also been wanting a ficus tree from China Town. ;)

Anonymous said...

Love the red bed and the kitchen.